Updated: Oct 26, 2017
This simply delicious, chocolatey dessert is gluten and dairy-free and you only need three ingredients to make it. Use good quality dark chocolate and serve it with berries for extra antioxidant benefits.
100g Dairy-free organic dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa solids)
4 organic free range eggs (room temperature)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Melt the chocolate - Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a glass bowl. Put it on top of a small pan of hot water and allow the chocolate to melt into smooth consistency (make sure the bowl does not touch the water). Remove the bowl from the pan and stir in the vanilla extract.
2. Separate the egg whites and the yolks into two clean bowls.
3. Whisk the egg whites until the medium stiff peak formed.
4. Add the melted chocolate into the egg yolks, then gradually fold in the whipped egg whites to loosen the mixture until evenly mixed.
5. Pour into four small glasses and refrigerate for about 4-5 hours. Serve it with strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. Enjoy!